Enhancing Subject Knowledge for Teaching Primary Mathematics
Day 1: 12 November
Day 2: 3 December
Day 3: tbc
09:00 to 15:30
This FREE course is aimed at:
- KS1 and KS2 teachers who would benefit from developing their knowledge and understanding of the mathematics curriculum to support effective teaching and learning in their classrooms;
- KS1 and KS2 teachers who wish to develop their mathematical subject knowledge to support effective teaching and learning in their classrooms.
During the 3 days participants will:
- Deepen and extend their own subject knowledge in mathematics;
- Explore key strands of the primary mathematics curriculum and consider the implications for teaching and learning;
- Understand children’s expected progression in the different strands of the primary mathematics curriculum;
- Know a range of ways to support children to develop an understanding of the different strands of mathematics;
- Reflect on their learning and plan to undertake follow up work in school.
This is a national NCETM work group and therefore participants will be required to:
- Keep a reflective journal that captures the impact of the work undertaken on the course and back in school;
- Complete online evaluations requested by the NCETM, including a summative impact report;
- Complete gap tasks set and reflect on these.
Please give careful consideration to the work involved when selecting participants from your school onto this work group.
This three day course is FREE, but teachers are expected to attend all three days. Places will initially be limited to two per school.
We anticipate that places for this course will fill very quickly, so would advise early booking to ensure success.
Debbie Streatfield and Faye Heath
Independent Mathematics Consultants