Primary Mastery Readiness Work Groups 2021-22
INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORM
MASTERY READINESS: Take a step into the primary Teaching for Mastery Programme
Lots of schools are ready to start their mastery journey, and some would benefit from initial support before becoming part of the full programme.
The Mastery Readiness Programme is for primary schools that want to adopt teaching for mastery in maths, but would benefit from a staged approach.
Schools that are successful in implementing sustained and meaningful change through teaching for mastery have key foundations already in place.
These key foundations include:
- shared vision and culture around the importance of maths
- a belief that every child can achieve highly in maths
- a positive mindset towards maths amongst all staff
- good maths subject knowledge amongst teachers and TAs
- systems that maximise learning, such as timetabling, intervention, curriculum and pedagogical approaches
- teaching of arithmetical proficiency for all children, to support mathematical fluency by reducing cognitive load
- ongoing staff development, which is valued by all staff and senior leaders.
If you are interested in this programme and would like further information, download the Information and Application Form.