PD Lead Development and Accreditation Programme
APPLY HERE for EARLY YEARS and POST-16
Become an NCETM accredited PD Lead
NCETM Professional Development Lead Accreditation is designed for those who lead professional development for teachers of maths.
Who can take part?
This programme is for teachers of maths (all phases from Early Years to post-16) who have existing commitments and responsibility for designing, leading and evaluating maths teacher professional development, and the potential to develop further.
What is involved?
- three one-day workshops
- completion of an Accreditation Evidence Document (AED, which facilitates critical reflection on your learning and the PD you design, deliver and evaluate over the year)
- designing, leading, reviewing and refining a programme of support for maths teacher professional development, drawing upon a range of evidence-informed models and activity.
Schools, colleges and other organisations releasing members of staff to participate in this programme will be expected to support members of staff through the programme by enabling them to complete the expectations for accreditation. Senior leaders of any participating organisation will be asked to sign a commitment before the member of staff begins the programme.
What will you learn?
- Develop knowledge of models of CPD for maths teachers
- Consider the themes and issues in teaching maths, and the implications of these in supporting other teachers
- Design a professional development programme, deliver it, and evaluate it
- Develop relationships with senior leaders to support a sustainable culture of maths CPD
- Increase their own subject knowledge and professional practice.
Participants will also have the opportunity to pay to work with the University of Chester and gain an academic award (PG Cert) for completing an enhanced version of the programme.
What is the cost?
The PD Lead Development and Accreditation Programme is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participants and their schools. Funding covers provision of the three face-to-face days. Travel costs will also be funded.
Find out more on the NCETM website.