Secondary Mastery Specialists Programme
Become a Secondary Mastery Specialist supporting colleagues in your own school and beyond to develop mastery approaches to maths teaching. Mastery Specialists are classroom-based practitioners who develop expertise in mastery and lead Work Groups to support other schools and teachers locally.
The benefits for schools that apply to be part of the programme include:
- the department developing a curriculum informed by a clear set of principles, policies, practices
and systems which support a teaching for mastery approach, as set out in the 2021 DfE Key
Stage 3 non-statutory guidance
- the teachers in the department (including the Specialist) developing a deep understanding of the
principles and pedagogies underpinning teaching for mastery, and acquiring enhanced maths
subject knowledge with a particular emphasis on progression within key areas of maths
- the growth of teachers’ collaborative work, through which planning, teaching and assessment
practices are developed
- the Specialist developing their own understanding and practice in supporting collaborative
professional development within and beyond school
- the department making effective use of materials and resources, including textbooks, to support
the design of well-crafted lessons
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17:00 on 20 May 2022.