Subject Knowledge – Primary Teaching Assistants
FULLY BOOKED – REGISTER INTEREST FOR FUTURE WORK GROUPS
Enhancing Subject Knowledge for Teaching Assistants in Primary Mathematics KEY STAGES 1 & 2
This FREE work group is aimed at Teaching Assistants in KS1 and KS2, particularly teaching assistants who are new to their role or have moved into a new Key Stage or practitioners with little maths specific training.
During this workgroup participants will:
- Deepen and extend their own subject knowledge in mathematics;
- Explore key structures of the primary mathematics curriculum and know a range of ways to support children to develop an understanding of these;
- Develop some effective ways to enhance their questioning in order to support and extend the learners thinking;
- Explore the importance of using precise mathematical vocabulary and language and how it impacts on children’s learning;
- Understand how resources, models and images can support children’s thinking at different stages of the primary mathematics curriculum;
- Reflect on their learning undertake follow up work in school.
|Online Sessions:||Date:||Time:||Who to Attend:|
|Pre Work Group Briefing||Thursday 25th November 2021||2:00pm – 2:30pm||Headteacher or a senior leader|
|Session 1||Tuesday 30th November 2021||1:00pm – 3:00pm||Teaching Assistant|
|Session 2||Tuesday 11th January 2022||09:00am – 12:00pm||Teaching Assistant|
|Session 3||Wednesday 9th February 2022||09:00am – 12:00pm||Teaching Assistant|
|Session 4||Monday 14th March 2022||09:00am – 12:00pm||Teaching Assistant|
|Session 5||Wednesday 27th April 2022||09:00am – 12:00pm||Teaching Assistant|
|Session 6||Thursday 26th May 2022||1:00pm – 3:00pm||Teaching Assistant|
Course Leader: Faye Heath, Independent Mathematics Consultant – Faye has been leading numerous highly successful primary maths courses for the Sussex Maths Hub. She is a very experienced teacher who continues to teach on a regular basis and uses her up-to-date knowledge throughout her courses.
For more information and to book your place, click the BOOK NOW button at the top of this page!