top of page
The aim of these projects is to enable pupils to develop the deep knowledge and understanding they need to be fully prepared for the secondary mathematics curriculum.
- Launches Wednesday 10th January 2024Online and Face-to-FaceThis programme is designed for primary teachers in KS1 and KS2 who would like to develop their specialist knowledge for teaching maths. The key structures of spatial reasoning will be explored across four days of face to face training.
- Run across 3 locationsBrighton, Hastings and West SussexThe intended participants are those who teach and/or have responsibility for the curriculum in Years 5-8. Participants may be subject leaders or teachers with responsibility for transition in a school. Several groups will run across Sussex. Equivalent of approx. 3 days with tasks between sessions.
- Launches online 31st OctoberOnline and Thomas A Becket Junior School, Glebeside Ave, Worthing BN14 7PR, UKThese programmes are designed for primary teaching assistants who are supporting maths, and who would like to develop their specialist knowledge for teaching maths. This may be particularly relevant for new TAs or TAs that have not received maths-specific training It will run over 4 days.
- Apply to the waitlist for 2024/25Location is TBCSchools with additional challenges need bespoke support to ensure their systems and cultures are conducive to a teaching for mastery approach. This project is for schools who are not yet ready to join the Teaching for Mastery Development Programme.
- Apply to the waitlist for 2024/25Location is TBCThis Work Group will support schools in developing a teaching for mastery approach. The Work Group will typically consist of a group of six schools who work collaboratively with a Mastery Specialist to lead the development of teaching for mastery in their schools.
bottom of page